Thursday, 09 June 2022 | 15:00 > 18:00 | Classroom 2
Friday, 10 June 2022 | 15:00 > 18:00 | Classroom 2
Saturday, 11 June 2022 | 15:00 > 18:00 | Classroom 2
Audiovisual Programming Vuo / VDMX / Ableton Live
In this online workshop, you will learn node-based visual programming with Vuo. Then we will focus on programming audiovisual compositions by using VDMX & Ableton Live.
This is an official workshop supported by Vuo.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- Programming real-time generative visual content with Vuo.
- Programming audio & midi reactive visual content with Vuo.
- Programming custom audiovisual plugins, video effects, and FFGL plugins for VJ software.
- Using VDMX for mixing & sequencing visual content for music performances.
- Connect & sync your visual compositions to digital music instruments with Vuo and Ableton Live.
- Creating generative music driven by visual compositions with VDMX, Vuo, and Ableton Live.
- Exporting your visual compositions as standalone Mac Applications.
Instructor: Huseyin Kuru, creative director Motus Lumina
Workshop duration: 8 hours total ( 4 classes of 2 hours )
NO CODING KNOWLEDGE IS NECESSARY FOR THE WORKSHOP. THIS WORKSHOP IS OPEN TO EVERYONE WHO IS INTERESTED IN AUDIOVISUAL PROGRAMMING.
Vuo is a node-based real-time visual programming environment designed to be both incredibly fast and easy to use. With Vuo, artists and creative people can create audio, visual, and mixed multimedia effects with ease.
VDMX is one of the most powerful real-time visual performance software. It allows the users to create their own control surfaces for VJing, video mapping, stage design, audiovisual installations, interactive video, and live video sequencing. VDMX has a very nice integration with Vuo that lets the users create their own custom visual effects and plugins.
Ableton Live is a digital audio workstation developed by Ableton. Live is designed to be an instrument for live performances as well as a tool for composing, recording, arranging, mixing, and mastering
* Vuo Community Edition is free! You can download it from https://vuo.org
* Except for saving your presets, the demo version of VDMX is fully functional. (no watermarks, no time limitations) https://vidvox.net
* Ableton Live has a 90-day trial demo. You can get it from https://ableton.com/en/trial/
* Participants need to have a Macintosh computer with a minimum of 8+ GB of RAM. Operating system macOS X 10.11 or later